When you start writing a blog you always wonder if anyone is going to read it. Putting yourself out there and then into the hands of readers is no easy task. I am lucky to have finally starting to connect with other bloggers and readers, and I am realizing that there is a wonderful supportive team out there. I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award from fellow blogger, Susan Lee Maccarelli who writes a humorous blog called Pecked to Death By Chickens. The name is wonderful in itself and her writing is filled with truthful, humorous moments. Just check out one of my favorite posts where she talks about her nightly bedtime routine. She’s my kind of lady!
The Liebster Award is given to relatively new bloggers by other bloggers. If you accept, there is some work to be done, but you get to talk about yourself and who doesn’t like to do that.
Nominees who accept are to write a blog post which includes the following:
*Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
*Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
*Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
*Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
*Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
*Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.
Here are Susan’s questions for me, followed by 11 random facts about me:
1. Olivia Pope or Jack Bauer? I had to Google both of these names! My TV character knowledge is driven by PBS Kids.
2. Cake or Pie? Cake! Preferably something chocolate.
3. Manicure or Pedicure? Neither. I have gotten a manicure twice, not really my thing. I would never subject anyone to the horror known as my feet.
4. Which is worse – cleaning up blood or cleaning up vomit? Vomit by far. I’d rather clean up a full on hemorrhage.
5. Facial hair on men: lots, well manscaped or clean shave? I prefer clean shave for the hubs. Facial hair is fine for my boyfriend, Johnny Depp.
6. Heels (if yes, how many inches) or flats? Usually flats. I always make an ass out of myself when I wear heels.
7. Fourth of July or New Years? New Years blows. Always.
8. Christmas or Thanksgiving? Totally Thanksgiving. A holiday where all you need to do is eat yourself into a coma? Yes, please!
9. Kale or Broccoli? I have been enjoying kale more but broccoli is easier to eat.
10. Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics? Winter! I love making my husband watch figure skating.
11. Gluten or Gluten-Free? Gluten!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a terrible sense of direction
2. My favorite place is the library. I know my library card number by heart.
3. I cannot draw. At all.
4. I am a proud feminist.
5. I would love to write a children’s book.
6. I put coconut oil in my coffee.
7. Although I could not wait to leave, I miss my hometown where people are more like me.
8. I went to Italy in college. It was the best experience of my young adulthood.
9. I studied social welfare in college.
10. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
11. Although I’ve been described as confident, I am insecure about every aspect of my life.
Here are my questions for the nominees who choose to accept:
1. Vegetarian or carnivore?
2. Best place you ever visited?
3. Favorite breakfast food?
4. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
5. Last (non kid) book you have read?
6. Guilty pleasure?
7. Halloween or Easter candy?
8. Female role model?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. Can you swim?
11. Go to bed or stay up late?
Thank you to everyone who reads and supports these ramblings of mine!
- Weekend Wrap-Up
- This Moment